Signs You Should Invest in Video Marketing in 2014
We are now settling into 2014 and as business owners and marketers, we are continuing to reevaluate our strategies to determine how to better make potential clients aware of our product or service and reach, cultivate, and convert them into customers this year. When creating your 2014 marketing strategies, you are evaluating the different trends predicted by industry experts.
One of the most discussed predictions for 2014 is the importance of creating highly personalized content across all different digital marketing platforms (i.e. website, blogs, social media, email marketing, etc.). We will address this in detail in a series of upcoming posts about the idea of Discovery Marketing for 2014 and what that means. In addition, a trend that I expect to continue to grow during 2014 is the importance of having an integrated marketing strategy that connects social media, SEO, content marketing, email, PPC, PR, and event marketing to create a cohesive experience for potential customers.
What Marketing Experts Predict for 2014
We put together data from industry experts into the infographic below to display marketing trends to expect in 2014. Check out some very interesting marketing statistics that may have you re-examining your 2014 marketing strategy below, including:
- 43% of all marketers found a customer via LinkedIn and 52% of all marketers have found a customer via Facebook.
- Companies expect to double their social marketing budgets over the next 5 years.
- Customer testimonials have the highest effectiveness rating for all types of content marketing, with a rating of 89%.
- Landing pages that included videos see an 86% increase in conversions.
For the purpose of this post, let’s examine that last bullet point in more detail. Landing pages that include videos on them see an 86% increase in conversion rates.
A majority of businesses have made online video an essential part of their marketing strategies. In fact, 93% of marketers are currently engaged in video marketing, with a further 3% considering using video for online marketing this year. And by 2017, video will dominate the online world, accounting for 69% of all consumer internet traffic.
So why are so many marketers using online video in their campaigns? Here’s why:
- Video enhances SEO. Video attracts three times as many monthly visitors, doubles their time on site, and increases organic search engine traffic by up to 157%.
- Video increases conversions. Internet Retailer found that visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not.
- Video increases consumer confidence. 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in their purchases.
Looking for more reasons to incorporate online video into your 2014 Marketing Strategies, check out our infographic below:
If you would like to see some examples of videos we have created for our clients: