Suggestions For a Successful Digital Marketing Strategy
Customer journey is incredibly complex, and it is important to focus on the moments that can help inspire people to buy our products and services. The key is to gain an understanding of our prospects’ context and intent, and then deliver them useful content at exactly the right moment!
Before you can be in a position to take advantage of these moments, the first thing to do is successfully implement a custom designed digital strategy. Creating, let alone implementing, an integrated marketing strategy can be overwhelming; especially given the wide-range of different platforms that currently exist within our industry, not to mention the continuous technological advancements that increase the number of tools available.
When our certified team designs and implements digital strategy, we take the time to understand your business, it’s goals and the obstacles it’s facing in getting ahead. We always develop a framework to ensure that resources (like time, money, and your headspace) are focused on the right set of activities, which in turn help to support your company’s overall business vision, goals, and objectives.
Here are some tips to help you achieve what you want:
1. Ask the right questions as this is the most important step when developing an integrated online marketing strategy and plan. Without a clear and in-depth understanding of why marketing is important for the business, it’s nearly impossible to prioritize the different marketing activities and determine whether or not you’ve hit meaningful goals for your organization.
2. Identify the problem statement and the meaningful goal(s) the marketing wants to impact. Once there’s an in-depth understanding of your goals and objectives, then you can explicitly identify the problem you’re facing, as well as the meaningful goals you want to impact.
3. Develop a methodology for identifying the appropriate marketing channels or activities, then determine the appropriate channels to invest in based on the overall problem statement and the already established goals.
4. Develop core objectives for the specific channels to invest in. Once you’ve identified the specific marketing channels, you want to be investing in the goals that you want to outline, as well as some very core objectives that you want to achieve for each of these channels. This is instrumental in helping the individuals who are responsible for execution to develop a strategy that will help support the overarching objectives.
5. Put together an efficient and integrated workflow process for marketing activities. One of the most important takeaways we’ve learned when developing and executing an integrated marketing campaign is the value of putting together an extremely clear workflow.
6. Report and reassess results and then expand or reallocate resources as needed. Once different marketing channels have been launched and there is ample data to be analyzed and reported on, it’s important to reassess this information and determine whether the activity has adequately performed; and more importantly, if the channel has potential to grow given its existing performance.
Having very clear objectives of why you’re investing in a specific channel and for what specific purpose not only aids with reporting, but also ensures that everyone on the team (both internal and external) has a clear understanding of appropriate targets. At Xcite, we understand these challenges and look forward to hearing from you to work on the implementation process together.